Sunday 22 March 2015

Eclipse washout


Oh how disappointing!

As soon as I heard about the partial eclipse I started researching and ordered a black polymer filter for my camera and eclipse glasses for us all. We were very excited. M built a pinhole projector & I was all geared up to photograph this amazing phenomenon. I even rearranged my classes so I would be free.
 

However, on the day the sky was totally overcast and remained so all morning. We couldn’t see anything at all. Instead, the kids went to school and I watched the sight unfold on BBC Stargazing Live.

It did go dark and I had the presence of mind to take pictures of that, but it was not at all the sequence I had hoped to capture. I heard the birds reawaken as the moon moved away from the sun.

I was very sad, but we learned a lot from the preparations. The BBC coverage with Dara O’Briain and Professor Brian Cox was excellent.
We will have to wait until 2016 for our next opportunity!

1 comment:

alexa said...

And yet your sequence of photos showing the darkening of the light captures the effect perfectly. Wish I had thought to do that ...